Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I Run For Apple Crisp

Latest Workout:
Monday: 3.5 miles/ 33:10

Apple Dump Crisp
Well, it's official. I have runner's knee. I don't know if my "fat knee" was just the start of it or if my fall 10 days ago jarred my knee off track. Maybe it was both. But, despite me wanting to get up and run the last two mornings, I haven't. Not because it hurts when I run, but it burns like hell-fire when I sit with it bent or go down stairs. Crap.

I've been icing like crazy for the last two days and taking Advil like it is going out of style. The burning has eased off quite a bit, so of course I'm going to try and run tomorrow. I wanted to do six miles tomorrow, but it isn't going to happen. I must think long-term. I'll do three and see what happens. I have a new brace and I got new insoles for my shoes to give a bit more support. Fingers and toes crossed.

Dessert of the Week: Apple Dump Crisp

It's called a dump cake because that's all you do - dump it in the plate and put it in the oven. I took this recipe and added a bit more spice to it because you know I'm spicy and all.

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
2 (21 oz) cans apple pie filling
1/2 cup of butter, cut into 1/2 Tbsp slices
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter melted

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
3. Pour both cans of apple pie filling into the dish
4. Spread the dry cake mix on top of the pie filling. Try to get this as even as possible.
5. Evenly place the butter cubes on top of the pie filling. This is important to avoid a lot of dry cake mix in the finished product.
6. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the butter.
7. In a bowl combine the oats, brown sugar and melted butter and sprinkle on top of the cake
8. Bake for approximately 50 minutes. It should be bubbly and golden.
9. Cool on a wire rack.




1 comment:

  1. Okay, enough for a while!!! You may need a cortisone shot for that knee problem!!! You'll look fit when laid out in your casket!!! Slow down ... PLEASE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete