Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Runner's Knee Sucks

Latest Workouts
Sunday - 6.09/59:51
Tuesday - 3.63/32:56

Yep, runner's knee sucks. I guess the best part is it doesn't hurt when you're running. It only hurts when you're sitting still. I backed off my mileage a lot last week with only 9 miles for the whole week. I think that hurt more than my knee. The constant icing, the Advil, the knee brace and a new pair of insoles have seemed to help and I'm not dying this week. I plan to run Thursday and Friday. My long runs are going to be on Sunday until mid-November due to weekend commitments.

I'm getting ready for the Las Vegas Glow Run on October 7th. It's an un-timed 7k with full costumes, beer and craziness. The best part - I'll be running it with my best friend. We've known each other since 8th grade and she lives in Vegas with her handsome Air Force hubby. I'm so psyched!

We are going to dress like Wonder Woman so I'm in full costume preparation mode. The first part of any awesome running costume (IMHO) are fabulous socks. And these Wonder Woman socks - complete with capes - are the perfect foundation for our take on my personal childhood cartoon hero.

As the pieces of our costumes come together, I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment