Sunday, October 28, 2012

Birthday Run

Happy Early 43rd Birthday Andrea!
Week 1: Half Marathon Training
Goal: 17 miles
Achieved: 23.5 miles

Half marathon training officially started this week. I have a print out from Smart Coach on Runner's World that is coffee and food stained as I review it daily over breakfast. The weekly mileage doesn't scare me. The long runs don't scare me. I really need to not focus on how fast I'm running and just focus on taking care of business.

The weather is crazy. While you would think it is cool in October in Georgia - it isn't. Thank you global warming. It's humid and still 65 degrees in the morning. I shouldn't complain since it was 80 in the mornings most of this summer, but still - the leaves should be yellow and I should be able to unpack my sweaters from under my bed.

This is me in an ice bath post 14.5 miles
with my Click protein drink on ice
My running partner, Andrea, wanted to celebrate her 43 birthday by running 43 miles this week. She and her husband both accomplished this feat, although he planned and started with a full 7 days to get his miles in. Andrea is a procrastinator believes in a good challenge, and decided to give herself 5 days to get her miles in. So we set out today to do 10 and then it turned into 12 which turned into 14.5.

Yes, I do love her - my legs might not after tomorrow, but she's that much closer to her goal of 43 miles by Thursday, November 1. I am proud to be a part of such a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment