Saturday, October 27, 2012

Race Recap: Jay's Hope 5k

Wonder Woman & Bat Girl 
Jay's Hope 5k
October 27, 2012, Macon, GA
25:30, 3rd in age group

After running in costume in Vegas I was on the look out for somewhere else to bust out in my Wonder Woman costume. I worked hard on it, after all. Thank goodness Halloween was right around the corner and the Jay's Hope 5k encouraged runners to dress in costume. I didn't want to show up and be the only goofball in a costume, so I bribed convinced Faith to run as Bat Girl so Wonder Woman wouldn't be lonely.

The Bat Girl costume was easy. A combination of:

  • one Batman logo cut out in iron on glitter vinyl
  • some black lame fabric for a cape
  • a pair of awesome caped Batman socks
  • black running shorts or skirt if you prefer
  • Bat Girl costume accessories from the local Halloween store.


We made quite the dynamic duo, don't you think?

Well, someone at the local running club thought so. Faith checked the results later that night and I was the cover girl on the Macon Tracks' website. Not the most awesome pic - chunky white thighs, weird arm pose and all - but believe it or not I've seen a lot worse of me.



This was my first 5k since July when I lost my lung at the Beach Mountain 5k (5200 ft). It was also the coolest race, weather-wise, I've run since March of this year. I was a bit curious to see if I'd gotten any faster. I was pleased with my time, especially since the whole first half of the race was a long slow uphill climb.  A solid 3rd place in my age group and I won an awesome Nike Dri-Fit hat with the Jay's Hope Logo on it - in a Wonder Woman costume. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment