Sunday, November 11, 2012

I Run For: Crack Dip

Top Left: App State wins.
Right: Roxy and I enjoy the Greenway.
Bottom Left: Kev and I during pre-game festivities.
Week 3: Half Marathon Training
Goal Total Miles: 18 miles
Total Miles: 17 miles

Yeah, I'm a mile short this week. I didn't map out my long run quite right.  I'll make it up next week. Nothing more to see here.

We went to my favorite part of the world this week for a family reunion/tailgate/Appalachian State University football game. Family reunions that involve sports, alcohol and food are the only type of family reunions I want to go to.

My contribution for the event included a simple pasta salad, crappy box brownies, and my signature tailgate crack dip. Just make it - you'll find out why it's called crack dip. Be sure to have lots of crackers on hand. You'll thank me later.

Tailgate Crack Dip
16 oz sour cream
1 packet of Fiesta Ranch dressing mix
3 oz bacon bits (the real kind in the bag)
1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 to 3 tsp hot sauce (optional if you like hot stuff)
1 green onion sliced thin (optional)
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)

Mix everything together and refrigerate for 24 hours. I like to serve it hot if I'm at home. Just heat in the oven at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Add a little extra shredded cheddar on top before you put it in the oven for extra yumminess. Enjoy!

Source link to original recipe that I've gussied up for my own taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment