Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cotton Pickin' Cotton Picker!

This is a John Deere Cotton Bailer. 
Week 2: Half Training
Goal Total Miles: 17 miles
Actual Total Miles: 12.5 miles

Yep, that 14.5 miler killed me last Sunday. I wasn't prepared for the distance. I hadn't built up to that distance. I wore my legs out - period. Those extra six miles I ran last week will have to apply to this week. It all counts, right?

Today's long run was interrupted by this cotton bailer. We had to stop our watches and make our way to a church parking lot to let this darn thing pass. If you are dying to know how this thing works, here's a video of one in action - not the same model but it does the same thing. You know you run in the country when a cotton pickin' cotton picker interrupts your run.

No comments:

Post a Comment