Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Personal Turkey Trot

Gobble, Gobble!
Week 5: Half Marathon Training
Goal Total Miles: 15 miles
Actual Total Miles: 16 miles

Whoo hoo! I exceeded expectations this week in spite of the turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, corn casserole and cobbler I put into my body this week.

Blow up lawn ornaments crack me up. It seems that every holiday now has blow up decorations. I think I've seen every version of Christmas blow ups available. This Halloween I saw a giant blow up spider on a lawn. But I'd never seen a turkey before - until our long run last Sunday. Yep, a blow up turkey. Full out gobbler. Awesome.

I also appreciate that the family included Veteran's Day in their display by adding the American flag and the Air Force plaque (which you can't really see here). This house is on our normal 10+ route, so I'm kinda excited to see what they bust out with for Christmas. I mean, if you invest in a blow up turkey, you must have some serious commitment to Christmas decorations, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment