Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Preparation

Today's Run
4.33 miles/ 9:01/mile

Travel days tend to be a bit stressful for me. Remember those lists from yesterday? Well, I made three more between 8p - 1a and when I got up (late) at 6:30a, I was already freaking out about how I could cross off items on my list, get my run in and be on the road in a reasonable amount of time. I really should know that it doesn't matter how hard I try to leave for a vacation on time, we will walk out the door 45 minutes late - especially if we don't have a plane to catch.

The run wasn't relaxing. It wasn't calming or all zen-like. It was a mind racing measly 30 minutes of sweaty, humid, hot running. All I thought about were the things I was afraid to forget to do, like putting RidX in the toilet before we left - real life or death stuff. Needless to say, I'm not sure that I should attempt morning runs on the days I travel.

We packed up the car and headed north. First we had to drop off the dogs at the doggie spa.


Then we spent the next 7 hours in the car listening to Howard Stern and other random stations on SiriusXM. We heard that catchy Gotye song five times.

We arrived in Cincinnati this evening in time to partake in a heart attack on a plate local favorite - chili, cheese, beans, onions over pasta. Sounds crazy right - well it is, in a good way. We chose to fore go the chain chili places and eat at Camp Washington Chili which has been a tradition in Cincinnati since 1940. I heard about it on Man vs. Food and the small dent I made in the meal was very good.



After writing this post, I'm feeling like I need to go run on the hotel treadmill.



No comments:

Post a Comment