Thursday, June 28, 2012

Adjustments

Today's Run:
4.12 miles/ 40 min

I'm melting....
I've been having a few back spasms since my run on Tuesday morning. At first I thought something was out of alignment, even though I just went to the chiropractor last week and I'd not been in any kind of collision. Now I think it is muscular so I've been icing, heating, icing, heating, icy hotting, Advil-ing since Tuesday afternoon. I took it easy today and did the minimum today at a reasonable speed. I was uncomfortable for the first mile and then pushed through it. It may actually feel a bit better post-run today.

I wonder if this weird back thing I have going on has anything to do with my form? I'm a neighborhood runner. I've never had anyone look at my stride and tell me what I am doing wrong or what I could do better. There's no reason for that - is there? Lately, each mile I run I try to focus on something different, like relaxing my face or keeping my shoulders down or swinging my arms. Maybe all the adjusting has re-adjusted my adjustment.

It pays to be a slacker
Also needing an adjustment is my fridge. This is the second time since we bought the old icebox 11 years ago that it has crashed and burned. I hope they can shock him back into service. Days like today I should be happy that we never really grocery shopped after our Chicago trip or that we rarely keep anything worthwhile in our freezer, but it's still a pain to basically trash everything in the fridge and start over. I had just purchased a new pint of Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Shortcake Greek Yogurt. That made me really sad. I tried to eat as much of it as possible before it melted a slow painful death. Why is it that when I limit myself to the crappy 1/2 cup portion I feel like I could eat the whole pint. Tonight I couldn't even make a dent it in. Stupid fridge.

To make things more interesting, I leave for a week tomorrow. Yippie! The repairman will just have to come by when I get back. I'm hoping where I'm going it won't feel like 117 degrees at 5p. No, that isn't an exaggeration. That's what the weatherman said it felt like outside with the heat index at 5p today. I suddenly live on the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment