Saturday, June 9, 2012

Will Run for Biscuits

Race Day
CFA Connect 5K Race Series: Warner Robins
26.49 - 3rd in age group

If you've never eaten at a Chick-Fil-A (CFA), you are missing a whole mess of chicken sandwich goodness. Grilled or fried, their product is flawless and their service is perfection. All you northerners are missing out. CFA used to be a southern secret found only in malls. Now it's more mainstream thanks to their BCS Bowl Game sponsorship. The cool thing about this company is that even if it is a giant corporation with stores all over and billions of dollars in revenue, their local operators do a great job supporting their communities.

This year, CFA started a race series across the country to help promote family fitness. And like everything else they do, CFA does racing right too. Today was the second race in the Middle Georgia circuit. The first race, which was on Memorial Day, was a horrible run for me. I felt slow. I had a bad attitude. I had a guy puke right in front of me not even a half-mile into the race. I was disappointed in my time, but the race itself was well-run and had lots of really nice touches - including chicken biscuits for the runners at the end of the race. And you haven't lived if you haven't had a CFA chicken biscuit.

Here's a recap of my morning...

Race prep: 5:45a - PB&J on toasted English muffin and coffee. Must. Have. Coffee.


Put the Pink On: 6:45a - race day is a pink day.



Post-Race Pics: 9:30a - these ladies are a part of our local women's running group called Where's the Finish (WTF). This is also the time for giving shout outs on Facebook. I just realized that I'm wearing my number way too far up on my chest. Super dork.



Medal Swag: 10a - not to brag, but I smoked the 4th place finisher in my age division at the finish line. We had the same chip time, but I crossed first. Thank you sprint training. I felt good today. The course was really tough. The whole first 1.5 was all downhill, so you know what that means - the whole 1.5 was uphill. It was also one of my better times in the heat (75 at race time). Thank goodness for a shady neighborhood.



Pedicure: 10:30a - sure I'm sweaty and stinky, but I do like a post-race pedi. Don't knock it til' you try it.




What's missing? Oh, right - the post-race chicken biscuit. This CFA didn't put out a spread like the Macon location. Just water and bananas - blah. Where's the biscuit? The next local race isn't until October and there better be biscuits.




No comments:

Post a Comment