Friday, June 8, 2012

When Marketing Genius' Strike

Rest Day

I had to pick up my race packet for the second race in the CFA Race Series today which just so happened to be at my local running store. Genius marketing. Get runners to pick up their junk at the local running store and I'm sure someone will "need" something. Like me... I "needed" to try on a new pair of running shoes and I "needed" to use my 15% off coupon. I used the coupon, just not on shoes for me. KC got new kicks instead. What can I say - I'm a giver.

I did walk out with a new water bottle, which I desperately needed now that it is 100 degrees at 7a. I don't think I need to invest in a hydration belt yet. I feel like I'd be running in a fanny pack and I'm just not ready to go there yet. Although I do have my eye on this SPIbelt.

I also desperately needed an iced coffee at 4p this afternoon and lucky for me the Dunkin' Donuts was right next door to the running store. I heart DD Iced Coffee.

Don't worry, I got a second 15% off coupon in my junk race bag today that I will use on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment