Monday, July 23, 2012

Half-Crazy


Yesterday's Run:
6.08 mi/ 57 min

I continue to not get up early enough on long run days to make the weather bearable. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. As much as I complain about the hot weather on my runs, you'd think I'd be up at 5a without fail. I have only myself to blame for the sweltering temps by the second half of my run.

I ran the same route I did last week where I found my running buddy. I now know the farm she belongs to and she wagged her tail at me and gave me a "woof" from her place on their front porch on Sunday. She knew it was too hot to be running too and decided to stay put in the shade. I'm glad to know where she belongs and I'm happy to bring her back to them anytime she decides to go on an adventure with me from here on out.

After my run and a brunch with my hubby, I enjoyed a couple of hours by the pool with the August issue of Runner's World. The focus this month was half-marathons and since I have plans to run at least one in 2013, I read it cover-to-cover. I'll admit, I've done very little research on which training plan I'll use, nor have I looked at the calendar to have a clear picture of when I need to get serious.

I've looked at Jeff Galloway plans, Runner's World plans, the FIRST plan and I have no idea which will work best for me. I guess I have some time to sort it all out and do a little more research and I know there's no one-size-fits-all plan, but boy it would be nice if there were.

Mid-way through my run on Sunday I started to think that I must be insane to believe I could run 13.1 miles. I was struggling to finish four at that point. I'm hoping I can reset my brain to think a bit more positively this week with a few short runs and a Crossfit class or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment