Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Princess Wannabe

Today's Run:
3.67 miles/ 32:00

Today was hot - 78 degrees and 100% humidity at 6:30a. I always have trouble after taking two days off, so it wasn't a stellar running performance, but I did get out there no matter how much I wanted to stay in bed. Even on short runs, I think I'm going to have to start taking my water bottle with me.

Today I registered for the Princess Half-Marathon at Disney World in February. This is the first half I've ever registered for and I'm only a little freaked out - more excited than hyperventilating. Based on my research, every Run Disney experience appears to be a lot of fun. Maybe there will be so many distractions on the course, along with the 20,000 women participating, that I will forget how far I'm running.

Princess Half Costumes (source)

Before I decided to run this race, I had no idea that running in costume was kinda the norm and showing up dressed like a normal person is actually un-cool. People are really serious about their running costumes and I've been doing some early planning on what I may actually wear, because as we all know one must look cute while sweating. 


While I'm not one to dress up on Halloween, I'm actually looking forward to running dressed like a Disney Princess. I'm thinking I'll go as Snow White as it was the first Disney movie I remember seeing as a child at an old movie theater in Boone, NC, with my grandfather. I'll be sure to post pictures of my costume as it comes together, but I do think a sparkle skirt  and sparkle Chickband are in the cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment