Thursday, July 5, 2012

Running Independence

Today's Run:
5.06 miles/ 47 min

I ran on the Greenway Trail again today. It got hot and humid quick today. I saw a cute little bunny on the trail this morning. He was waiting for me after I turned around to head back, so I took a picture of him. Not too many people out today. I guess everyone was recovering from a fabulous Fourth of July. 

Speaking of Independence Day...

I spent yesterday with my extended family on my dad's side. Two aunts, two cousins, their four kids and spouses, my sister and her husband, my mom and I enjoyed a pot luck cookout. We laughed about our crazy family stories and enjoyed remembering "the good old days."


My cousin Thomas is a crazy person serious athlete with a number of marathons and triathlons under his belt. Besides filling my face with the best guacamole I've ever eaten in my life, much of my time at the family gathering was spent picking his brain about hydration, nutrition, cross training and all things running. Really, there's no better time to talk about exercise than when you have a giant plate of banana pudding and crack brownies in front of you.

I'm going to get on the chia train, thanks to Thomas' ringing endorsement. I'll let you know how it goes when I start adding it into the mix - probably next week. I'm sure it won't make me super human, as many chia advocates believe, but maybe it will make me feel better on these longer, hotter runs and that might be just as good as being super human.




No comments:

Post a Comment