Friday, July 20, 2012

Planked

Yesterday's Run:
6.1 mi/ 57 min
High Plank

Well, I think this distance is right. My iPhone and my MotoActv decided to get cranky on  yesterday's run. MotoActv said 6.1 when I started my cool down, but I did a little sprint work at the end and when I restarted my watch it got all crazy. I had an app running on my iPhone (I was listening to my book) app to see how the two GPS trackers compared and it said I did 9.22 mi. That, I know, was not right. Maybe they interfere with one another. I really need a new iPhone holder anyway. Now that I have a MotoActv I think I could run with it in a SPIbelt. It is on my wish list for my next running purchase.

My legs were really tired by the end of yesterday's run. I did run a faster pace than I have on my previous longer runs, so it should be expected. It felt good.
Dolphin (or low) Plank

I also jumped on the Plank-A-Day bandwagon this week. The basic idea is to do one plank each day, holding it as long as you can. Planks are an awesome ab workout, so I hope this helps to strengthen my core as I start ramping up for my half training this fall.

All the cool kids started Plank-a-Day in January. I started on July 18. In an effort to make up for all those lost days, I'm doing two or three planks a day to catch up. I'm doing three variations on the plank - high, low and reverse - to work different muscles each time. It only takes a minute or two - perfect for commercial breaks - and I'm already holding it longer than I did on day one. I think it just took my body a minute to figure out what the heck I was trying to do.
Reverse Plank

Yesterday afternoon, KC and I decided to clean out our garage. I put on a mask late in the process, once we started sweeping, but I wish I had done it sooner because today I cannot breath through my nose. After four hours of trashing, sweeping, organizing and more sweeping, I was exhausted and my legs were trashed. After a quick swim to get the grime off and a hot shower, I think I was asleep by 8:30p. The garage looks awesome, but today I feel like I was hit by a train. Let's hope I'm back on the tracks tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. KC? My KC? Cleaning out the garage? Surely, you jest!!! No Pictures? My Gawd!!! I'm speechless!

    ReplyDelete